The Users tab enables you to group your developers as required to aid administration. So, for example, on the Group View of the Users tab, you can create a new group, or view the members of existing groups by selecting the group from the developer list.
Additionally, on the Developers view you could group developers by department or ability.
Creating a new group
When creating a new group, you can either select existing developers to add to the new group, or you can create an empty group and add developers at a later date.
To create a new group:
- On the Group View, enter the name of the group in the Enter Group Name text box.
- Add a description to the Enter description text box.
- Click the Create button. The new group is added to the list of existing groups.
To create a new group from selected developers:
- On the Developer View, select one or more developers as required.
- Click the Create group from selected button.
- Enter the name and description of the new group in the Enter Group Name and Enter Group Description text boxes, respectively.
- Click the Create Group button. The new group containing the selected developers is added to the list of existing groups.
Adding developers to an existing group
To add a developer to an existing group:
- On the Developer View, select one or more developers from the list.
- Click the Add to existing group button.
- Select the desired group you want to associate the developers with from the Groups drop-down list.
- Click the Add to group button. The developers are added to the group in the InnerWorkings Platform.